Sunday, November 25, 2007

Like...

Like a thorn, uneeded..
Like a raindrop, that rolls off your face..
Like the wind, you fear..
Like a shadow, without a trace..

Like a flame, that never warmed you..
Like the sun that never shined...
Like metal that broke ,with the slightest touch..
Like a diamond, turned black with time...

Like the words etched in water..
Like graffiti you could wipe away..
Like tarnished platinum shining bright..
I will soon fade away..

And this world it may not know me..
It may not even care.
your eyes will never see me..
too ugly for you to dare.

And you may not ever touch me..
feel the heart that beats within..
you may not see the truth behind..
my unforgivable sins.

And soon the light will fade away..
and love will die like lust..
but i was only ever meant to be..
the water mixed in dust..

the water mixed in dust..

1 comment:

storyteller said...

i just love this poem!very beautifully expressed,vague at times,but nicely written.