Sunday, November 25, 2007

In the cold light of the morning...

Watch the moon rush past my eyes,feel daylight setting in,
lying dead, as the sun struggles,pulling in light past the fog
.Eyes restless, awake, though devoid of morning dew,
shake my head and turn away, they were wet all along.

Cold water trickles down, ineffective, I'm, still asleep,
eyes wide open staring, through a void too blank to see.
Crumble, as eyes, kiss reality, too broken to shiver now,
shattered, realize, your lies, did'nt set me free.

Blue birds, pretty, twitter, right by my window side,
but the magic that they hold,now fails to charm my heart.
A hundred masks lay on the floor,forgotten,which you wear,
true at last,but they dont believe,you are only, who you are.

Silence in my mind, thoughts burn holes through empty space,
as you float around in this abyss,what are you looking for?
voices calling onto you,look back, perhaps they care...
this nightmarish reality you made,wont let you anymore.

In the cold light of the morning, your lies begin to sting,
yet long to lay by your lap, hair loves your gentle stroke.
And i love the way you whisper dreams,it kills they only betray,
but the night still sees me happy,building castles of smoke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Like getting up from a pretty dream you never had.

No comments: